Settling into a routine on the ship

The rising sun leaves its imprint on the puffy clouds as they pass by

The rising sun leaves its imprint on the puffy clouds as they pass by

After a couple of nights with restless sleep and a long wonderful day walking all over Vigo, Randy and I decided to just kick back and take it easy for a few days.  Each day the water was becoming calmer and the air was warming.


As we prepared for the day, I spied Randy out on the balcony in shorts and thought that just perhaps the weather had changed for the better. But, as soon as he came in he said, “Well that was not a good idea,” and changed into long pants.

By now, we had fallen into a routine in the morning going down to the lounge for coffee and light breakfast, attending lectures, enjoying the company of our dinner companions and attending the evening’s entertainment in the theater.

I looked forward to going down to the lounge in the mornings because Doug would come by and pick up coffee after his walk, Sue would eventually join us, and, once in a while, Barbara and Tom would come by and we would all just while away the early morning chatting, laughing and enjoying each other’s company.


Mid-morning we made our way to attend the next in the series of forensics lectures by Prosecutor-Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office (retired) Ronald E. Bowers.

Today’s lecture was called “Celebrities in the Courtroom” and covered the cases of O.J. Simpson, R. Blake and P. Spector. The question about these cases was, “Did they receive special treatment in court?”

As one who really enjoys such TV shows as CSI, Law and Order, I find these lectures to be very interesting especially as they are presented by someone so intimately involved in the cases. At the end of the lecture, Bowers left the answer to the question up to each individual in the room.

The next day we explored the 1947 case of the, “Mysterious Death of the Black Dahlia“.  After the lecture Bowers told the audience that the case is still unsolved and asked the audience, “Can you solve this c

At the close of today’s lecture a crew member came in and announced that the rest of the series would be scheduled for Studio B which was a welcome change as the studio could accommodate at least several hundred people.

After the lecture we walked around the Promenade making note of the changes that took place while the ship was in dry dock. It occurred to me as we walked around the Promenade that the ship had gone upscale with the addition of so many specialty shops.


I already mentioned that the Opus Dining room on deck 5 changed to the Silk restaurant offering an Asian flair. The Cupcake Cupboard became the Kate Spade Store. The Focus store became the Michael Kors store and the Guess store became the Regalia jewelry store.

I visited each shop.  I was drawn to the Kate Spade store and found quite a few handbags and bracelets that caught my eye but did not purchase anything. Perhaps next time I visit.

Tom, Barbara, Joe, Carol, Jerry, Janet, Doug, Sue, Randy and me.

Tom, Barbara, Joe, Carol, Jerry, Janet, Doug, Sue, Randy and me.

We spent the rest of the day reading, relaxing and preparing for dinner. As always, dinner was interesting and fun as we each shared little bits of information about our day and ourselves with one another.


Because this was the fifth leg of our cruise journey, we did not always attend the evening’s entertainment; however, I am very glad we decided to go to hear United Kingdom entertainer and star of the West End’s “Rat Pack” Gary Williams.

Gary Williams take a moment for a photo after his wonderful performance.

Gary Williams take a moment for a photo after his wonderful performance.

What a lovely evening listening to William’s wonderfully mellow voice singing many hits from Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, Miguel and, others.

The entertainment Randy and I were looking forward to with great anticipation was the new play, “Cats”.  We both saw “Cats” when it first came out years ago and were eager to see the production on the high seas.  But, the first showing of the play was not until a few days from now.  I am so excited!

As we get closer to the United States the weather was starting to warm up.  Each evening as we prepare for bed, we silently hoped that the next day would find us poolside. Until then, we take walks around the Promenade deck enjoying the brisk air and being on the water.

Tomorrow will be another busy day in and around the ship.







This entry was posted in cruising, travel and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Settling into a routine on the ship

  1. Alexis says:

    This piece of writing gives clear idea designed for
    the new users of blogging, that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s